Tuesday, January 11, 2011

RAIN......

Today we woke up to cloudy skies and a bit of a chill in the air! It was a balmy 72... NOT OK! hah just kidding to those kids out there swearing at me because you are in -72 degree weather! We were supposed to go snorkeling but with the overcast and chance of rain we decided to postpone that until tomorrow since the skies are supposed to be clear and sunny. So Allie and I went to Haliewa with two of our friends that live next door to us... Jasmine and Addie! We got there and it started to rain just a little and then started to rain a little more and then it was POURING!!! 


We walked around the shops and all got a couple of things. While walking down the Kam Hwy we walked by Matsumoto's shaved ice and couldn't pass it up! I got a delicious coconut and guava snow cone and Jasmine got rainbow! Once we left there we went to a  couple more places and then we went and got ice cream.... before you start to judge only half of us got snowies and the other half wanted ice cream :) But I did partake of some delicious reeses ice cream.. I will not lie about that!


Guava and Coconut DELCIOUSNESS!

Jasmine and I eating our snowcones

The whole clan!

Everyone had something in their hands so I felt like I needed to hold up something too!
(It didn't take long for me to act like myself around these girls... if you can't tell!)



So as I mentioned before... today it RAINED and RAINED! You have heard the term "the rain came down in sheets!" Well I experienced this today and it was absolutely insane how much water fell from the sky!

 By the time we got home my feet were all wrinkly and gross and my clothes had been soaked and then dried and then soaked again! But to tell you the truth I was not once upset that it was raining or that I was wet and cold.. I just took in the moments when cars zoomed by slashing muddy water on us and laughed! Thinking to myself how lucky am I to be living in a place where it rains like this?! I am blessed that I get the chance to live here for the next 2 and a half months! SOOO MR. SKY BRING ON THE RAIN!

For a change on the way home we got the WHOLE bus to ourselves! Creeper, sketchy and smelly FREE! Someone loves us :)

A little funny P.S.
We were walking past a GNC store and there was this picture in the front window... I say to everyone
"HEY! How did they get my picture in that window!" Then I hear a sudden response but it's not a girls voice it's a mans voice...
 "When did you get SOO black!" 
Puhahah I almost fell over out of shock and because I was laughing so hard! I hadn't seen him behind us and he thought what I said was pretty funny and felt like it was necessary to comment on it!
Enjoy your day kids... LOVES














3 comments:

  1. me and mill were just laughing at aunt cris and how crazy she is!!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. do I see your freckles appearing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you that umbrella would come in handy! Don't worry, by the end of March, people will totally think you're black.

    ReplyDelete