Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Hawaii Adventure...2011!

So I have decided that I want to keep a blog/journal of all of my adventures over the next 3 months! I know a little cheesy... but I feel like this is the only way I can really keep up with the fun things that I do while I am here enjoying this once in a lifetime experience!

SOOO... Here we go! Yesterday was a "little crazy" as my sweet sister Katie would say! I spent all day anticipating the flight to Hawaii BUT alas I didn't fly out until 1:40am! So my mom and I spent all day packing and getting all of the odds and ends put together for me to leave. My amazing dad drove me to Vegas on new years eve! That guy! ... that's all I can say! After he dropped me off I got in the crazy long line to check in my bags... as I neared the front of the line I remembered that my bags might be overweight.. OH WAIT.. I knew they were overweight so I may or may not have flirted with the front desk guy to distract him from the fact that both of my bags were 51 pounds :) ha don't judge me!





After the whole bag fiasco I went through security like a pro and then I met up with Allie (one of my good friends from home) and we sat in the terminal for about 3 hours before boarding the plane. It went by fast though, we both made some phone calls and watched the fireworks on the strip from the airport windows. The rest of the night was kind of just yada yada yada.. get on the plane, get out of my seat to go to the bathroom when we were still going up and "I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SEATED", take a sleeping pill, use my sweatpants as a sweater.... some more yada yada and BAM we were landing in Honolulu! We got to our apartment and met our landlord here and she informed us that our house was being used by some guest that were here for the holiday so we would need to stay in the house next to ours... good thing all this chill island attitude has rubbed off on me or I would have FREAKED OUT!


We went to the beach or our new backyard as I like to call it! I took a little napsky while listening to some Sara Bareilles... Today has been a good day. I miss my family quite a bit though.. most likely because I have spent every moment with them for the past 10 days and then quit them cold turkey for 3 months! That is unless my WONDERFULLY AMAZING MOM comes to see me with some very special people for a special day of mine! Mom I hope you got that hint :) I love Hawaii already... I'm pretty sure that I am going to have a hard time leaving this little island of paradise!
SOO good evening kids! I will write again tomorrow!

                                                                 View From my porch

No comments:

Post a Comment