Sunday, January 9, 2011

The new member of the FAMILIA...

Yesterday was super fun and the day seemed to last for DAYS! It was just an all around fantastic day..
So let me begin with the morning and move from there! I woke up to a beautiful blue sky in Laie and a text from Alicia Jolley (that would be Meags sister-in-law) asking if I wanted to go surfing at 10! Well of course I wanted to go... so I ate some breakfast and she picked me and a couple of my friends and we headed to church beach. She taught us the basics and I was the first one to go out.. When I got on the board and started to paddle the thought came to me... WHAT ARE YOU DOING FRUITCAKE! You don't know how to surf and now you are paddling out into the ocean to your death! PHAHAH I know a little dramatic right?! Well shockingly enough I was ok at it and rode a couple of waves in on my stomach! I unfortunately did not successfully stand up yet... BUT there is always next week!
The moments right before the panic!

That would be the "WHAT AM I DOING" moment!




SOOO Sometimes life just BITES here in Hawaii and I do not.. I repeat DOO NOOOTTT like it!
I am not sure you can see all of them but there is a plethora of them! They are mosquito bites... yah I thought the same thing... MOSQUITOES?! That wasn't one of the things I was told I needed to watch for or in the handbook to live here! What the HECK! But don't you worry your little hearts out I went to foodland and purchased some very expensive bug spray to put the KABASH on those nasty bugs and also to avoid the stares from people that think I have leprosy or something!

Those of you who know me know that I STRUGGLE telling a story or staying on one subject for more than a couple of minutes so please bare with me! So here we go... back to my day! After surfing we came home and decided that we should do something spontaneous so we got ready and jumped on the bus to Miliani. We were going to Walmart to buy me a new bike... Which will come later.. Have some patience! So once we were ready we headed to foodland to buy a bus pass for the month because the whole paying $2.50 each way was kicking my butt! So now I am a proud new owner of a January bus pass! Which is pretty impressive not gunna lie.. When you get on the bus you just flash it at the driver like you are some kind of cop with a badge and he just nods his head and lets you on! It's also sparkly so that is kind of neat too! 

Once we got to Miliani we came upon this Thai place that looked delicious.. so we went in and ate and guess what?! I was right it was DELICIOUS!

My Pad Thai
Allie's SPICY scallops and funky noodles 

Megs SUPER SPICY Pineapple fried rice
* these girls can seriously take the heat.. I think I must be a pansy in that area! 

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.................
Last but most defiantly not least... This guy joined my very small family last night and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM! 

I will post more pictures of him later... He is maroon and rides like a dream! Who woulda thought you can buy a beach cruiser at Walmart?! Not this kid! But I am glad they supplied me with happiness and joy for the next 70ish days! 

3 comments:

  1. surfing is way fun! I've only been once and the best I could do was on my knees. so i guess knee surfing is way fun haha I'm sure you'll be pro in a little while! Oh, sweet bike! I didn't know you could get them at walmart either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crisss..... the picture of you walking INTO the ocean with the board under your arms.
    NOT COORDINATED MY BUMMMM
    I am glad you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last I checked, I reminded you about the mosquitoes. Remember the "You'll actually have to sleep with a top sheet" conversation? They are nasty little buggers. Glad you tried surfing! Awesome bike.

    ReplyDelete