Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life is GOOD!

Yesterday I got the chance to go to the newly rededicated temple here in Laie! I have been wanting to go everyday since I got here... but the problem is they don't have enough people to work in the temple so you have to bring your own priesthood to do the work with you. Ummm well I don't know 7 people here much less 7 guys! So I have just been waiting for the chance to go and yesterday it fell into my lap. Megan's ward was going and she asked if I wanted to come... so I jumped at the offer and we were off! I love the temple and the peace you can get while being there. The baptistery is so pretty and the painting surrounding the font are amazing. Once we got done with baptisms we decided to stop at the visitors center for a minute while it was still opened. Two sisters greeted us and took us into a big theater room that we had all to ourselves. It was like VIP treatment or something! We watched a video on how Laie was founded, how the temple was built, and how the school and the PCC came about.. it was really neat! Right before we left they asked us if we wanted to watch anything else and we said sure because we really never have anywhere to be! So they showed us this...




I completely lost it.... the lights came on and I had tears welling up in my eyes. The sisters walked over to ask Meg and I how we felt about the video... I had to turn the time over to her because I wasn't really forming words at that point! This video has such a powerful message in it and I love how he talks about how WE ALL are the creative type. God loves us all so much and wants the very best for us! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity that I get to go and serve him in his house as much as I do. I'm one lucky girl!

After that the night just kept on getting better... I don't know if you all remember a while back I broke the microwave by slamming the door really hard out of frustration because it WOULD NOT pop a bag of popcorn! Well we got a new microwave and guess what happened last night?! 


The WHOLE bag popped... there was only 5 kernels left in the bottom of the bowl! I know this may seem petty to all of you out there but popcorn is not only a big deal in my family but it costs an arm and a leg over here... so this to say the least was a fantastic event :)

P.S. Don't mind the homelessness/hippie/who needs makeup when you live on an island look I am sporting in this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment