Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Laie Falls

On Saturday we decided to go on a hike to Laie Falls. We were told that it was an easy hike and that it was no big deal... these people must of not hiked it before! I was looking for something that wasn't very hard because the day before I messed up my bad ankle running on the beach and every couple of steps something was popping that came along with some serious pain... We decided if it was no big deal we would just go for it! It was such a pretty hike but about an hour into it I had to turn around with a friend because my ankle was killing me and she had the throw up flu.... Allie, Whit and Alex finished the hike up to the falls and took some pretty good pictures. It's really frustrating when I know that I am physically able to climb a mountain but my ankle won't allow me to do it for the time being. I am afraid I'm going to have to get surgery again but I am just taking it one day at  a time for now. The hardest part while being here is I am not able to run anymore without my ankle blowing up and turning purple and bugging me for days. So I just do the low impact version of Jillian Micheal's Shred for now! Life could be much harder than a bum ankle... so I'll take it :)


 On our way to the head of the trail we came across this crazy house.... These people were pretty serious about letting people know they were not wanted on their property and if they did make the bad decision to cross the line... THEY WOULD BE SHOT!




No comments:

Post a Comment