Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami 2011

So here's the story kids....

Last night we got a text from our home teacher informing us of the earthquakes in Japan and the tsunami warnings. At about 9pm the sirens went off to tell us that the warning was official. The wave was supposed to hit at 3am.... we packed bags of things that we felt like we needed and some food just in case. I was calm as a cucumber until we started to walk to the temple and all of the locals were packing like they were never going to see their houses again ... tubs full of clothes, food, water and blankets were in the back of their cars and trucks! I began to panic a little when I realized all I had was a blanket, a pillow, 2 apples, and a rice cake! WHAT WAS I THINKING?! As Allie and I were packing up things we just kept standing there looking at each other not knowing what to take and what not to take... This shows how well I do under pressure... I packed all of Jason's letters and my day planner and forgot to pack extra clothes and enough food for a meal! Oh brother I am a nut! We went to higher ground behind the temple at midnight and set up our great "camp" to wait out the warning. The sirens were going off every hour and we were all in and out of sleep. There were so many people and they were being SOO LOUD! Taking pictures and talking like this was a blessed event... this attitude was mostly because of my lack of sleep. I DO NOT do well without sleep! Something came over me when the group above us started laughing and talking so loud... A surge of anger came over me and I shouted at the top of my lungs " SHUT UP SHUT UP SSSSSSHHHHHHHUUUUUUUTTTTTT UUUUUUPPPPP!" I am a little embarrassed to admit that I lost it like that but I am only human right?! Two minutes later I rolled over to Allie and apologized.. I really didn't know what came over me.. I am calling it tsunami rage! We were getting pretty cold so we moved down the hill out of the wind and tried to sleep a little more. At about 5:30 Meg called us to tell us that they were back home and we were good to come home. So we gathered all of our stuff and came home and crashed for a couple of hours.... the rest is history really! I woke up to 10 missed calls and 9 text messages! I wasn't even that popular on my birthday.. It was quite flattering :) Thanks for all the prayers said and for checking in to make sure I was still alive! Love you all


No comments:

Post a Comment