Friday, September 21, 2012

Blessed

So as of late I have been SOOO busy that I have neglected everything in my life BUT work! My house was cuhrazzzy all summer... at all times there was some type of a cake project sprawled on our kitchen table, the laundry was done 9 times out of 10 by my sweet husband and dinner was a rare treat for us.. lots of cold cereal!!! To say the least we had a VERY busy summer... We were so blessed that Jason got to work with one of his friends James at a security place and I was completely BOOKED the whole summer with cakes. We looked back at the calender a couple of weeks ago and realized I hadn't had a week without a cake since MAY! 
Long story short we are BLESSED! 

I got last week off and had the chance to go and visit my sweet sister and her family in Iowa! My brother-in-law is in Orthodontics school and worked on my teeth for me after hours... I have horse teeth in an infant childs mouth so I have serious crowding issues so he helped with that and also shaved off a little bit of my front tooth so I wouldn't look like bucky the beaver... 
or more like Mr. ED the horse!


We went to the outlets and did some Fall shopping... which you all know I can never get enough of :) We also went to the apple orchards! Katie and  Brendon had these amazing looking apple pie turnovers and I had the most delicious apple cider slushie. I got to spend time with the kids which is always a treat! They are so sweet and Miss Millie is always doing something crazy that made Kate and I laugh! 
Kate, August and I at the Apple Orchards 

On Saturday morning before I flew home we went to the Hawkeye Stadium and experienced what REAL tailgating is! It was a serious event... lots of food, lots of beer, and lots of people!


I had a blast and was so glad for the break! I miss Kate and wish that she lived closer... all in good time though :) 
Now its back to the old grind.. work work work!









3 comments:

  1. I hear you're coming to Rupert for Conference weekend... Can't wait to see you!

    Also, you don't have Bucky beaver teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. False...Rexburg. :) Great to see my friend is alive still!

    ReplyDelete